Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Coincidences

I was sitting in the car thinking about how I wished I had seen a reindeer while I was in Ruka.

Suddenly, the car slows down from 120km/h to about 60km/h. I sit up and look out the window. And there standing by the side of the road staring at the car is a reindeer.

How often does something you think about come to pass? 

Is it simply that we are more likely to notice because we were thinking about it? Like the confirmation bias? Was it simple coincidence? Or are we pulling strings that most of us aren't aware of, turning our thoughts into hard reality?



On a side note; Dorian what do endomorphins have to do with you using Twitter-like programs? Did you mean endorphins?

2 comments:

  1. Yes. Endorphins. I'm not on drugs, I swear! Well except for caffeine. :)

    ReplyDelete