Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Ramblings 27: In the Moment

I was just on Reddit reading comments made by a person who was high and also happened to have a psychology degree.

He talked about living in the moment, living in the now and setting a goal and defining what is important in your life.

His really long comments had to do with a person asking how to stop drinking.

I really couldnt agree more with what he said. The power is in you to change, not some external thing.

If you don't want to, then you wont.

And I think AA is another way people are brainwashed :x. I look at the steps and all I can do is shake my head, believe in a higher power, acknowledge you have no control... etc etc.

*Shudders*

I'm sure it works for some... but thinking that I have no power or choice... no will over what I do. Well that's just something I can't and never will accept.


Author: cedargrove

1 comment:

  1. "Living in the moment"...how many really able or need to make it? The biggest worries people is that memory is so good that everything can be forgotten if the future will be for each day is a new beginning, then how glad you said it.

    ReplyDelete