Monday, April 6, 2009

Miserable Weather

Weather has this annoying affect on me. If it is cloudy and dreary it makes me sleepy and bummed out.

I think it probably affects a lot of us like that. I think it also has to do with the lack of sun.

Ever heard of Seasonal Depressive Disorder? That's when people feel depressed in the winter months.

Some people think that this depression is all in the mind, and not due to lack of sunlight.

But it is funny how it is "cured" when the people who suffer from it purchase Natural Lights, (light bulb that mimic the sun's light) and have the light in the room with them.

Supposedly shining it on the back of your legs (knee joints) helps as well.

I kind of wonder why every Finn in Finland doesn't have those lights in their home. After all they barely have 4 hours of light in the winter. I think a little natural light might boost the mood here. 

The problem is not so great in Canada, though I think we could all benefit from those lights... especially people who sit in front of their computers all day. You know who you are!

Human beings are just walking, talking plants! We need the sun to survive and apparently not just for Vitamin D.

1 comment:

  1. Hey watch it there, sis! Just because I sit in front of a computer... a lot... and I might look a little pale... like a plant that didn't get enough sunlight... I am not a plant! Besides the last time I read about walking plants, was in The Day of the Triffids. Not a triffid. I swear.

    ReplyDelete