Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Journal 1: Something to say... Maybe

Journal Entry 1:
*Occasionally I will make journal entries about my day which I will identify like so.

It's like I said in my last post, if I'm not 100% engaged then I'm bored. Currently I am bored out of my mind. I realized that I work too hard and I work too fast. So this second week at work I'm slowing it down, and not stressing myself.

The problem here is that I'm bored for about 3/4 of the day. Before I was bored for 3/4 of the week. I asked for more work but they wouldn't give me any. So now I just look like I am busy all the time and act like I don't have time to take on tasks.

Unless someone comes and gives me some work I think my brain might very well start leaking out of my ears. Oh but if that happens I won't know I'm bored!

It took me less than a week to figure out how to do my job. It took them 2 weeks to "train" me. Seriously I know how to use google, I know how to use MS Office, hey I can even install programs. Please, please don't try to teach me to copy and paste by showing me how to right click.

Okay that was a bit of a rant, but it gets on my nerves this lack asking what I know, instead they treat me as if there is nothing between my ears. Wasting both my time and theirs.

I don't generally worry about having time because I have figured out how to always have enough, but I do mind when my limitless time is filled with jaw-cracking boredom. I must have yawned like eleven times on the lecture about how to insert a picture into a table.

But I guess I shouldn't get so bothered, it's a waste of energy and causes all sorts of negativity to sink it's way into the mind. Better to accept and go into a happy place and nod at the appropriate places while deciding what to have for supper.

1 comment:

  1. May I be the first to welcome you to the life-sucking corporate world. The more bored the worker, the more productive they will be. Cause they will do anything to relieve the boredom. Or they'll stop caring. Or both. Welcome. :)

    Oh, and welcome to blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete