Monday, March 30, 2009

What I'm Eatting

For the past two and a half months I have had little choice in what food I consumed.

My Choice:

Now since moving out I get to decide and make whatever I want, which isn't always the best, especially when you are tired from work.

Generally the Finnish diet is chicken, fish and ground beef. With heavy doses or potatoes or pasta.

Salads in Finland are often laughable in proportions. Which is understandable since produce is rather expensive.

But I decided to splorge, my fridge is filled with leafy greens, mangos, tomatoes, paprika, pears, peaches, yams and more. 

It is fantastic, no fried food, no greasy meat.

Oh, I do have cold cuts, but I use them for flavoring and not the central focus of my meal.

I have discovered a fantastic sandwich.

Rye bread with avocado in the place of butter, a smidge of onion, couple slices and paprika (pepper) and a pile of lettuce. And then 1-2 slices of a chicken or beef cold cut.

It is ridiculously good.

My brother has discovered for himself the Raw Fat diet.

Which I haven't quite moved onto, but I'm working on it.

And by diet I don't mean short term. This actual change in the long term in what you eat

You avoid all processed fats, which is rather difficult since most foods contain it. And if you want meat you generally cook it. But to counter this you have smaller portions of meat and fresh veggies and fruit.

Avoid cooking when you can.

This diet leaves you with so much energy it is almost ridiculous. However you have to eat more!

The leafy stuff doesn't have all that much energy. So instead of 3 meals a day you go for about 6. But they are slightly smaller in proportions.

There is a bit more to it, but I'm still working on this details.

No comments:

Post a Comment