Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Response to Nora Roberts Comment

Hello,

I disagree.

You can be impressed by something and not like it or want no part in it. 

You can be impressed that a weapon is able to destroy half the planet but not want to use it. Please! Don't push the shiny red button!

Impressed by a design of a house and not want to live in it, or impressed by a car and not want to drive it.

I can appreciate her success though I want to no longer read her books. They aren't for me, but thousands or hundreds of thousands do enjoy them, who am I to quibble?

Clearly she is selling since she pumps out a book practically every month. As a writer I find that impressive. Ialso find it impressive that she has created such a stable market for herself and that her books have been translated into dozens of languages.

You don't have to like something to be impressed by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment