Saturday, March 28, 2009

Update About Me

It's snowing outside and I am going to buy a ticket to return to Canada at the end of August.

I have now agreed to stay 2 additional months at my internship, I am now officially published in two different newspapers/magazines.

I have done translations, layout, website updates and articles.

So, oh yeah, I am totally on my way to my goal as a writer.

My internship will end at the end of May. That means 2 months of free time unless I don't get another job.

I am considering traveling around Europe. And to pay for part of it I plan to write some articles to submit them to various newspapers and see if I can get any money from that. You know writing about travels, people seem to like reading about that.

Then in August I will go with my parents to our cottage up north and bond with nature.... hm I am going to have to write a lot of posts before hand since I won't have much net access up there.

For Easter I am going to Rukka, to my uncles... ski chalet, or 2nd cottage, however you wish to call it. That's in about northern central Finland. For about 5 days.

There I will humiliate myself on the slopes by falling flat on my face and eating snow.

Hopefully I can do some cross country where I will at least get a little less humiliated.

It has be nearly 7 years since I last did any kind of skiing.

Seriously, what kind of Finn am I?

Tonight I am going to Baribal, see www.baribal.fi to play billiards, get boozed up, eat what I am told are delicious french fries and also humiliate myself playing pool.

And hopefully have a blast.

I was going to go to my cousin's 25th birthday, but he ended up sick, doesn't that just suck? All the plans gone to waste because of the flu.

The flu is on the move here in Finland. And it is freaking me out, I hope not to get sick, since I've been sick enough on my trip here!

So that's my update. Next post will be about ramblings or some quirky observations of Finns in their natural habitats!

Oh PS, It's my dad's birthday today, so all wish him well!

No comments:

Post a Comment