Sunday, March 15, 2009

Warning It's a Rant

I have recently come into some information from my last place of work.

I worked there for a year, I did my job, did it well and ended up doing MORE than what I was being paid for.

When asked about what I thought would help me at the job, or any suggestions, I would take the question seriously. I would figure out what they were and figure out the best and easiest ways to implement them.

What I suggested:
1) Improving search engine functionality
2) Making update/insert information an online option
3) Having Sales Reps confirm with their customers that information is correct (so the company did not look inept when we contacted then 3 months later and they realize that we had been showing incorrect products/contacts/and other information online.
4)Having clients have a little more involvement
5) Getting more people into my position because one person just can't do the job of 5.

What was I told for all these? They are unimportant, they would not work, they weren't realistic considerations, they cost too much money. Other words I was shot down each time and informed that I was foolish to think any of these suggestions and others I made could possibly work out.

While I was there I was frequently asked why I had not finished the work assigned to me. (Review point 5). They now employ 5 people.

I have since quit this job. And have now heard from former co-workers that each of these suggestions has been implemented or is in the process of.

That's appreciation for you.

God gotta love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment