Monday, March 23, 2009

Rambling Comments: Replies and Reactions

First thing I want to say is that I think it is a pile of awesome, yes a pile of awesome, that my friends that read this blog actually call me up to talk about it! Nothing pleases me more as a writer, other than the act of writing, is that my writing actually speaks to the person. People message me, call me and email me saying “you remember that post…?”

Anyway thanks to all those that read it, it really makes my day!

Now since we are on the subject, just today a friend messaged me and told me about his reaction to my post Single Vs Multi.

*By the way message me again if I have any of this wrong!*

He has been living in Hong Kong for the past year, and apparently after reading my post (apologies if I have this a little off, but the conversation wasn’t saved L) realized that there was a difference. He has lived now in both Canada and Hong Kong and says that people from a single culture don’t seem to have a certain openness to experience, and seem to lack some kind of perspective.

 He continued to observe also that; People from multicultural backgrounds seem to be able to accept new things more easily. And also that sometimes he feels like an alien, (like standing outside and looking in through a window).

Anyway it was an interesting conversation and I probably garbled it up a bit, but I thought it was great that my posting struck a chord with someone.

 

And last note, another friend of mine called me up yesterday just to tell me that my Sunday post made her laugh, and that she loved the line about how my brain goes on a holiday on the weekends.

I seriously love it when someone can relate to a post or causes a strong reaction. Ok so maybe I wouldn’t want someone yelling and pissed off at me over a post. But even then that could be cool that they disagreed so strongly…

Anyway back to giving the appearance of work!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment