Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Ramblings: Expectations

A friend of mine, (who will most likely grin very soon upon reading this) told me once that you form a vision/goal in your mind. The more precise you are the more likely you will get it.

For instance you want a boyfriend? Well visualize in your mind’s eye what he will be like. Just interested in personality and you don’t care what he looks like? That’s ok. But you can go so far as to describe hair and eye color, and height.

The problem is if you are either to broad or too precise. Rarely do we really know what we want right off the bat. Like in my previous post you need some experience. 

This isn’t just for getting girl friends or boyfriends, it can work for jobs, goals, etc.

Being too precise might leave you feeling the same kind of dissatisfaction as being too broad. Let’s stick to the boyfriend example. You want a guy who is, let’s say an artist. 

Ok, so now you got him, except he is an artist into the extreme, constantly absorbed in his work, it is his life. Well, oops maybe you wanted a guy a bit more balanced than that. So you add that you want him to be sensitive and appreciative you. You can see how any qualities you want need to be balanced.

In the idea for a job hunt, I thought to myself I want a job where I can write. Well I got it but then I was bored as hell since I didn’t get to write creatively, I didn’t get to use my mind at all.

Be specific… just not too specific.

Now on to a slightly different point.

I have come to the realization in the past couple of years after hearing this, is that you can pretty much get anything you want.

By the way, this is pretty much the secret in The Secret book. Visualize and work towards it. 

I have found it is best not to set goals very far, live in the present live in the now. Decide how you are, what you want. Do it for real. 

Essentially you could think I believe in Fate, or Destiny or whatever, however I am more inclined that we shape it. We shape our futures, we shape our present.

There isn’t any other time than our natural time.

I always remember the day I stopped wearing a watch, stopped letting it completely dictate my life. (A little hard to do at work). People are always in a rush, saying they don’t have time, they are too busy, etc. I felt like I had removed a shackle… ah on this later I think.

Focus, focus, focus!

That’s it actually focus in what you want, what you are. I visualize at times that I’m in this massive interconnected web, I like to think of it as a neuron web, not like spider webs. 

Once I decide on something, I start tweaking the strings, unconsciously, consciously and even psychickly. 

And then usually in a few days, longest really was a year, I get what I set out to get. From abstract goals to material, there really is no limit.

I think I will have to go more into this later once I have thought about it more… I miss key points or they do not even occur until after…

Ah we will see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment