Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Moving Blogs?

I’ve been thinking about moving this blog. 

Funny isn’t it how you can’t always say what you need first thing? I’m sure with experience it gets easier, you know the first steps you have to take before you can start a particular task. 

This blogspot experience has taught me that in some ways I’m a neat freak, not that you can tell by my desk. I like things to be practical, easily accessible and nicely organized.

So, I think I will move to wordpress or some other site… not sure yet, I am going  to have to see if Wordpress will let me do what I want.

For one I don’t like that Blogspot limits subscribers to Gmail accounts. Gag stupid.

For another I want subpages so they aren’t all on the same page. I want a section for Ramblings, Rantings, Review, Short Stories, Journals, etc and etc.

On the first page I want it to have like little excerpts of the new posts in each of the sections.

I want people to be able to subscribe with whatever comments they like.

Well, that’s as much as I’ve determined that I need for my blog, maybe when I have that I’ll find that I still don’t like it, needing more or perhaps maybe the simple blog format is best.

Hm, it’s not really a blog with multiple pages, in the end I want a website I guess.

You learn and acquire new skills every time you do something. 

A part of me knew, going in to this whole blog business that I was testing the waters. Could I write everyday? Was a single page enough for me? Do I have something to write everyday?

I don’t know about the few readers, but I know I just enjoy writing about whatever.

So any suggestions about a new site or host that can give me the capabilities I am asking about above for free would be fantastic!

Well, shhh back to work.

Oh yeah, I will keep posting here until I figure out an alternative.

2 comments:

  1. I could make you a site.. but you would still need a host and no one would see it ^^;

    ReplyDelete
  2. moves your pen 5 degrees to the right XD lol and i sure no matter where you post your friends still gonna read your jazz love :P

    ReplyDelete