Saturday, March 28, 2009

Ramblings 16: Drinking

I have been drinking and since I was on the metro I started thinking about the differences in my mind when I am drunk versus sober.

I have concluded that I am a surface thinker when not-sober. It has the feeling that I am only skimming the top of my thoughts and that their is a labyrinth beneath that I cannot access, blocked by a barrier created by alcohol.

It takes serious effort to get through the wall to even feel that I am getting even a semblance of my normal level of thinking.

It will be interesting to read this post when I am totally sober. Also I am more prone to spelling error or wrong word choice when I have been drinking. I am doing a lot of backspacing.

I guess people drink to get away from their thoughts, as my friend and I both believe it is to forget, to not think about their own lives that they drink.

Though I find some affects of alcohol enjoyable, I will never include it into my regular habits. Because frankly I have so much more fun sober, and sober fun stays clear and true in memory and saves you a freaking headache the next morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment