Thursday, March 26, 2009

Ramblings 14: Something

I'm drawing a blank today. So I am going to type until something pops in my head.

Why is it my best ideas come to me when I am on the move? When I am running, on a bus or a train?

I wonder if somehow you get put in a trancelike state that allows your mind to wonder and ponder freely when you are on the move.

I guess it also goes for when you are on your bed staring up at the ceiling or at a wall.

Ever just stare? Let your mind go empty and quiet, let all the tension just pour out of you?

Do you meditate at all? How do you meditate? Do you do breathing exercises, physical actions, staring? Listen to music?

I'm sure there is at least more than one way to do it. 

Getting your thoughts to be still. Completely still is incredibly difficult. Something seems to always want to encroach on the silence that you are trying to form.

I think it comes about best when you aren't trying to achieve it.

Breathe without listening to your breathing. Look inside and out and balance yourself between the points.

I don't sounds kind of cool though.

I've done it a few times. But sometimes it feels like there is no time. But the times I have done it I have had such greater mental clarity afterwards...

O look I actually came up with something in less than three lines.

1 comment:

  1. You have an echo it seems:

    http://dorianpula.ca/2009/03/echo-14-something/

    ReplyDelete